Winning on Wall Street: Cultivating The Traits Of Success
Being ‘successful’ is about more than luck. It often involves learning a trade, building relationships, and staying curious - even in the face of adversity and potential failure. Join Heidi as she speaks with Joe Titus, whose experience in the finance sector and on Wall St has taught him a thing or two about the essential personality traits to be successful in any area of life.
What to expect in the episode:
- Is a career on Wall Street worth it?
- Do you have to be smart to make a lot of money on Wall Street?
- How does social interaction affect learning?
- Do successful people have failures?
- What makes a person successful?
- The importance of self confidence for your success.
- Aim high but start small. Why?
- Why is failure essential to success?
- What actually happens at Wall Street?
- What qualities make a company a great place to work?
Please subscribe and leave a rating on your favorite podcast platform if you enjoy this episode!
[01:40] Joe’s education
[03:57] What motivated him to study well
[07:21] When you’re having trouble finding a job
[09:41] How to succeed in life after failing badly
[10:43] Taking a step back is also part of personal growth
[12:46] How Joe became successful
[14:22] What matters most in choosing a career
[15:25] Why curiosity enhances learning
[17:28] Why it’s important to have a good working relationship with colleagues
[20:45] What most people think about Wall Street
[24:02] Choosing the right leadership styles
[33:31] How do you deal with a financial crisis
[37:16] The importance of doing what you love
[39:48] How we can modernize the education system
[41:22] Ways to make sports more affordable
Connect with Joe Titus:
Connect with Heidi: