Join Psychotherapist Heidi Rogers to explore the changing needs of teens and pre-teens as they begin their push for greater independence from their parents and guardians.
Date: Friday 3 June
Time: 8am - 845am (plus 15min Q&A to follow)
What you'll learn:
- Control versus influence - how to shift your mindset as your children grow, and why this is important.
- Boundary setting - what you need to know about setting fair boundaries for your family.
- How to have conversations with your children around their growing need for independence and exploration.
- Ways to cultivate respectful relationships where your children are comfortable sharing their problems and ideas for 'experimentation' before they evolve into larger issues.
- When to give them 'rope' and when to pull back to let them learn from their own experience.
- Ways to navigate tech use, and why it's such an important tool for this generation.